Saturday, August 09, 2008

Mashable lied to me and to the world

Remember how I told you that Haiti had only one athlete at the Olympics this year, according to Mashable. Well guess what? It's not true. I don't know where the people at Mashable get their information but they should have verified it before publishing it.

The fact is, Haiti is sending 10 athletes not 1. The complete list:
Azea Augustama or Gustamar
Joel Brutus
Nadine Faustin Parker
Dudley Dorival
Ginou Etienne
Ange Mercie Jean-Baptiste
Moise Joseph
Marvin Bien-Aimé
Barbara Pierre
Dayana Octavien


I can't recall my country ever sending just one athlete to the Olympics, maybe I'm too young for that, but as far as I can remember we usually have a few. And in case you were wondering, yes, we've won medals in the past, one silver and one gold to be precise.

My source for the information provided can be found here in French.

If you're still not convinced, here is profile of one of our athletes, Nadine Faustin Parker, on the official Olympics site .

No comments: