Tuesday, November 08, 2005

How I'm feeling these days

Depending on my mood there are certain songs that come to my mind. I used to like alternative rock, and I also used to have a Cranberries CD (Ode to my family) but someone else liked it more than I did and I no longer have it.

The Cranberries
is an alternative rock irish band. Since it's alternative music, there's a lot of sadness and melancholy in most of the songs in that album. The song that's playing in my head these days is "Dreaming my Dreams". Even though Dolores O'Riordan says she wrote it on a day when she found happiness if you hear me singing(!) or just humming it, you wont need to ask me, you will hear my sadness.

Dreaming my dreams

All the things you said to me today
Changed my perspective in every way
These things count to mean so much to me

Into my faith you
And your baby
It's out there
If you want me
I'll be here
It's out there

I'll be dreaming my dreams
With you
And there's no other places
That I'd lay down my face
I'll be dreaming my dreams with you

It's out there
If you want me, I'll be here
I'll be dreaming my dreams with you
And there's no other places that I'd lay down my face
I'll be dreaming my dreams with you

"Dreaming my dreams was written on December 25th 1993, Where I found happiness"

by Dolores O'Riordan



Just in case you were wondering, the answer is yes, this sadness was triggered by someone I met online.

5 comments:

greeniepunk said...

nat! how are u? i love this song too!!

mj said...

Hi greeny, I'm ok, not overwhelmingly joyfull but ok. I do miss my Cranberries album though...
*singing Everything I said*

Happybutterfly said...

Hi, am coming from Martijn's blog. I am a fan of Firefox too.Am liking your blog and will come back.

Happybutterfly said...

Oh and that Cranberries album is a classic.

mj said...

Thank you happybutterfly.