Monday, January 15, 2007

On Saddam's execution

Riad asked for my opinion on Saddam Hussein's execution. I told him what I thought about it in brief and then he told me that Saddam was a good man (by the way how many world leaders are known by their first name?).

So I went on to ask him about the was with Iran, the invasion of Kuwait and the Kurds.

He said nothing about the war with Iran but he did say that the Kurds deserved whatever Saddam did to them because they supported Iran during the Iran/Iraq war and as for Kuwait, he said that they deserved it too because the made the Oil price go down.

I have to admit I was perplexed.

I tend to avoid political chat because I don't remember a single one I had that ended well.


Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Björn Jakobsson said...

Saddam is actually the family name and Hussein the first name. It's just that they put it in a different order in Iraq ... and not only there. Best Wishes. Bj.

mj said...

Hi Björn,
Thank you for the information, I always thought it was his first name.