Saturday, January 29, 2005

Day 5

I guess I’m getting really boring.

I have learned that while chatting with someone you must always know when to leave. If the conversation is fading, and the other person is asking you questions like “what else?” or “are you there?” then you know it’s probably time for you to leave. At that point there aren’t many good reasons for sticking around and trying to find something to say. Obviously the other person doesn’t have much to say to you either so say bye and use the stealth settings to appear offline to that contact and go chat with someone you haven’t bore to death yet (or the other way around).

I’ve added so many people to my list lately that I’m having a hard time keeping track of who’s who. I have made a few groups and put the people I talk to the most in the first one and so on, I also made a group for each person with more than one ID. Hopefully I have the archive; in case I forget someone’s asl I can always check before saying Hi! Still those measures are insufficient and browsing through the archive can be tiring.

No comments: